Our mental health is an extremely important component in our every day living. It includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. The way we respond to stress, personal relationships, and choices we make is a direct correlation to our mental health.
There are several contributing factors to mental health including biological, such as genes or brain chemistry, life experiences including trauma or abuse, and family history which may include mental health issues.
When one’s mental health is in good shape focusing on the positive, it allows us to:
- Cope with stress in our lives
- Work productively
- Strive for our full potential
- Be a contributor to our communities
Keeping our minds healthy requires some exercise on our part. Some of the ways to maintain a positive outlook include:
- Helping others
- Connecting with others
- Staying physically active
- Remaining positive
- Seeking professional help when needed
- Developing coping skills
What can we do daily to improve our mental health?
- Speak positive words to yourself
- Exercise which helps relieve stress and boost moods
- Be grateful
- Eat healthy as this not only nourishes the body, but one’s brain as well
- Develop deep friendships that share life together
- Do something nice for someone else
- Focus on the moment and not allow negative thoughts to creep into your thoughts
- Step away from the stress for a minute by perhaps taking deep breaths
- Get better sleep by developing better habits like turning screens off an hour before bedtime
We can all incorporate something to better our mental health. Start today by picking one thing in the above list and learn how to enjoy life to the fullest.
Mental health is real and there is help for all stages. Reach out to those around you if you need help. One can get better and many recover completely.
If you experience pain that hinders positive mental health, please call Tarpon Interventional Pain & Spine Care at 972-596-1059 and ask for help.