Daniel Sunwoo, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Interventional Pain Management
Dr. Daniel Sunwoo is a fellowship-trained interventional pain specialist, board certified in both physical medicine & rehabilitation and pain medicine. He completed his pain management training at Georgetown University Hospital / National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington, DC, where he was a member of the medical staff prior to his fellowship.
A strong believer in conservative treatment for pain management, Dr. Sunwoo is highly trained in interventional pain procedures for many neck, middle back, and low back conditions. He is also experienced in treating many painful musculoskeletal conditions of the shoulders, hip, and knees. Dr. Sunwoo likes to incorporate physical therapy as part of a treatment program and believes that it can help patients maintain their pain relief once pain treatments have been completed.
Dr. Sunwoo is also trained in diagnostic interventional procedures (pain mapping) and electrodiagnostic (EMG/NCV) testing, both of which can offer useful information when trying to determine the cause of a painful spine condition.
Dr. Sunwoo’s top priority is ensuring the well-being of his patients, and he provides courteous, compassionate care to help make patients feel comfortable. He joined Tarpon Orthopedics in November 2014.
- Board Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR)
- Board Certified in Subspecialty of Pain Management (ABPMR)
Honors & Awards:
- Best Doctor List in D Magazine in 2016
Education & Training:
- Pain Medicine Fellowship: Georgetown University Hospital/National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington, DC
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington, DC
- Medical Degree: Ross University School of Medicine, Roseau, Dominica
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society