Daniel W. Kim, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Interventional Pain Management
Dr. Daniel Kim was a National Merit Scholar and received a full tuition scholarship for his undergraduate education at Andrews University in Michigan. He then earned his medical degree from Loma Linda University in California, where he received the Whole Person Care Award.
Dr. Kim completed his physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) residency at UMDNJ/Kessler Institute in West Orange, New Jersey, which was ranked as the top PM&R residency on the East Coast, according to US News & World Report.
Following his residency, Dr. Kim completed a fellowship in interventional pain medicine at Mid Atlantic Spine in Newark, Delaware with Dr. Frank Falco, a previous ASIPP (American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians) president who is associated with Temple University in Philadelphia.
Dr. Kim is also highly skilled in the field of electrodiagnostic testing and is a fellow of the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine. Dr. Kim rejoined the medical staff of Tarpon Orthopedics in October 2013.
Dr. Kim believes, "My goal is to love and serve others, treating every patient like a family member. My mission is to find the exact pain generator using precise testing modalities, and my purpose is to treat pain with minimally invasive injection procedures using the best techniques possible."
- Board Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR)
- Board Certified in Subspecialty of Pain Management (ABPMR)
- Fellow, American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Honors & Awards:
- Texas Super Doctors award in 2014 and 2015
- Texas Doctors Rising Stars award in 2013
- Texas Doctors Rising Stars award in 2012
Education & Training:
- Interventional Pain Medicine Fellowship: Mid Atlantic Spine, Newark, Delaware
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: Kessler Institute, West Orange, New Jersey
- Medical Degree: Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California
- International Spine Intervention Society
- North American Spine Society
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation