Chris Miller, MD
Dr. Chris Miller is highly experienced in the treatment of bone and joint disorders. His focus is to return you to the quality of life you desire using the latest methods of conservative care or surgical treatment. If surgery becomes the recommended option, he will use minimally invasive techniques with less risk and shorter recovery time.
Dr. Miller’s focus is to treat the patient as a whole, from the fingers to the toes (hand, elbow, shoulder, back, hip, knee, foot, and ankle). He is an accomplished surgeon proficient in the surgical treatment of sports injuries, including injuries to ligaments or cartilage. He also specializes in treating fractures, bunions, and hammertoes, as well as performing joint replacement surgery to treat arthritis. Dr. Miller joined Tarpon Orthopedics in October 2013.
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Honors & Awards:
- Best Doctor List in D Magazine in 2016
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Chief Resident, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Lake Side, Veterans Administration Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society, 1995
- Medical School Honors, 1996
Education & Training:
- Reconstructive Foot & Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Harvard, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Medical Degree: University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
Are increased football injuries tied to player's footwear? Dr. Miller offers his recommendation. Click here to read more.